Who doesn’t like to have something amazing for a cheat meal? After spending hours in the gym and following a strict diet plan all week long, everyone deserves a cheat meal.
Cheat meals can help to reset hormones responsible for metabolism and insulin regulation, replenish glycogen for increased energy and keep calories bringing and fat-torching mechanisms high.
Cheat meals usually vary from person to person, according to their tastes, but they generally consist of high-calorie foods which are not eaten on a typical diet plan.
However, after doing some hard work to maintain a healthy body, you might feel guilty for having an unhealthy cheat meal, but let me tell you one thing, cheat meals don’t mean you have to eat unhealthy necessarily.
This is why today I am going to share with you a recipe of a HEALTHY burger that can be part of your cheat meal or you can say healthy cheat meal.
Having the cheesiest burger after a long diet is a dream come true, and I am going to help you fulfil your dream. While you are following a healthy diet plan, you don’t want to eat processed foods for sure. So in this burger recipe, I am replacing processed cheese with Swiss cheese.
Swiss cheese is the perfect cheese for a healthy burger, it completely natural and light cheese which makes it’s one of the best cheese for a burger too. Another benefit of using Swiss cheese is that it has the flavour of caramelized onions which will surely enhance the taste of your burger. Okay, now stop drooling and let’s start the recipe.
Wheat Hamburger Bun 4 piece
Swiss Cheese 4 slice
Ground Beef 1 lb.
Garlic 2 cloves (diced)
Black Pepper 1 tablespoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Salt 1 tablespoon
Onion 1 onion (finely chopped)
Lettuce and tomato slices to taste
The first thing you need while making a delicious burger is patties. So, let’s start the recipe by making it.
- Take a large bowl, mix ground beef, garlic, pepper, oil, and onion. Mix the meat properly for around 2-3 minutes.
Remember I have not mentioned the salt yet – Never put salt while making patties if you want them well-shaped. We will leave the salt part for later.
- Make four equally sized patty and let it rest. Meanwhile, heat the grill for 15- 30 mins
- Lower the heat of the grill to medium and place the patties on the grill. Now season the patty with a pinch of salt and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Repeat the same process on another side.
- Once both sides of the patty are cooked place a slice of Swiss cheese before removing from the oven
- Place the patty on a hamburger bun, or you can brush the bun with butter and grill them for few secs to a minute and place a patty on them.
- Add the topping of your choices like lettuce and tomatoes. Close the burger with another half of bun and you delicious healthy Swiss cheeseburger is ready to serve.
Well, we are talking about the cheat meal so, you can make your burger healthier if you want.
- Use low-carb cloud bread instead of a regular hamburger bun. The calories contained in cloud bread is less than half of hamburger bun.
- Use grounded beef with less fat contains, i.e. it should contain around 95% meat and 5% fat. This is why I recommended making grounded meat at home so that you can have complete control over fat contain.
- Use as many veggies as possible, and I don’t think I should explain the reason.